CarpetVista, the world’s largest carpet shop on the Internet, is currently accepting entries for their annual carpet design competition. The competition provides an opportunity to design carpets and a chance to have them produced in limited editions + sold exclusively on CarpetVista.
A total of twelve (12) winners will be selected and all winning designs will be produced and marketed on Europe’s largest trading place for textile art.
Here are some of the competition guidelines provided on the official website:
- The carpet should have a modern feeling.
- The same design can be produced in different color-combinations.
- The motif should not to be too detailed.
- The size and shape (round, squared, rectangular etc.) may vary depending on the design. The design should suit a carpet that measures up to 2×3 meters.
The prizes for 2013 consist of:
- 1st prize: 2,326 Euro / design (2 winners)
- 2nd prize: 581 Euro / design (5 winners)
- 3rd prize: 233 Euro / design (5 winners)
CarpetVista’s design competition has two phases. The finalists are picked by an experienced jury that has expertise in textiles, art, design and carpet production. The designs that make it to the final will be displayed on CarpetVista and CarpetVista’s visitors will cast their vote to select the winner.