Each year, global optics manufacturer Carl Zeiss holds an annual worldwide photo contest. This year’s competition has the theme “digital culture”. Photographers and photo enthusiasts are invited to explore and capture this broad theme from their own unique perspective. Anyone can participate, provided the pictures are shot with a Carl Zeiss lens. Pictures can be taken with any type of camera, from an SLR reflex camera to the camera of a mobile phone.
Technology is shaping ever more areas of our lives and has become an indelible part of our culture. Computers, internet and mobile devices are part and parcel of daily life and have made many things easier. They have also changed the way people interact with each other, exchange information, work, play, meet friends, enjoy music, and much more. Carl Zeiss invites photographers from around the globe to capture this contemporary yet challenging theme in exciting images.
Submit your images and show how you interpret the theme “Digital Culture”.
- 1st prize: Your choice of a ZEISS SLR lens
- 2nd prize: Cinemizer plus, and iPod touch 8GB
- 3rd prize: Nokia N 86
- 4th – 6th prize: A set of umbrella, backpack and a watch
- 7th – 10th prize: Lens Cleaning Kit
- Each participant can submit up to three photos.
- The format for all entries has to be a JPG file and the file size per image should not exceed 10 MB.
- All equipment classes are possible – whether Logitech, Nokia or Sony device or an SLR, medium format or rangefinder camera with a ZEISS lens.
- What counts is that your picture was taken with a lens from Carl Zeiss.
- Participants ensure that they own all rights to the submitted pictures and that the photo was taken with a ZEISS lens.
- The 10 winning photographs will be presented on the Carl Zeiss website.
- If your photo is selected by the jury as the winner, you agree to grant Carl Zeiss AG irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable rights (without restrictions with regard to time, place and content) to utilize the submitted image as required, in particular to copy, distribute, display, publish and edit it, and to utilize the subsequent results as described. Carl Zeiss AG will conclude a separate user agreement with the winners following the jury’s decision.
- The usage rights of all other submitted images remains with the corresponding participants.
- All decisions are final.
- Cash payment of the prizes is not possible.
- Employees and family members of the Camera Lens Division of the Carl Zeiss AG, the Carl Zeiss web team in Jena and the companies Storymaker and Points are not permitted to take part in the contest.
How to enter?
Upload your photos by using the official online form.