Since the year 2000, the Association des Femmes Journalistes and Canon France, in partnership with the international Visa pour l’Image festival, and with the support of Figaro Magazine, have awarded an annual prize for women photojournalists. Women photojournalists worldwide are welcome to enter the competition, for which there is no age limit.
The €8,000 award enables the winners to finance their projects and have their work exhibited at the festival in Perpignan and later in Paris at the Cosmos Galery.
Send your complete applications to the competition.
The winner will receive the €8000 in 2 parts : the first one at Visa Pour l’Image in Perpignan in September, and the second one after showing the first part of her work to Visa, AFJ and Canon six months later.
- The applicants conditions are as follows :
- applicants must be female
- applicants must have completed at least one photo-reportage (published or unpublished)
- applicants must be professional photojournalists
- applicants must be able to write and speak in French or English
- The Canon Female Photojournalist Award granted by the AFJ is presented to a female photojournalist in activity who wishes to cover a social, economic, political or cultural subject in a journalistic manner.
- The Award will be given to an individual photojournalist and not to a group, without any consideration of her nationality.
- The Award is given in order to allow the winner to carry out the photo-reportage which has been presented for the Award.
- The Winner agrees not to reapply for a period of 5 years.
- Under no circumstances will the Award be given to the same applicant two years running.
How to enter?
Applicants must send two copies of their application. The format has to be A4, unbound.
The application dossier will include the following items in the order given below :
- a signed application form,
- a photocopy of the applicant’s identity card or passport,
- an affidavit stating that the candidate is a professional photojournalist,
- a curriculum vitae,
- a letter in support of the application including a description of the photo-reportage project (maximum 3 typed pages). This letter must remain anonymous and must not
contain anything that would allow the candidate to be identified,
- a projected budget for the photo-reportage project for which the Award is to be used if obtained. If the financing of the project is to be extended to other partners, these must be approved by Canon France, the AFJ and Images-Evidence who reserve the right not to
- a photo-reportage in black and white or colour : between 10 and 20 pictures on a CD Rom (only CD’s will be taken under consideration),
- originals or copies of publications if possible.
Send your applications to:Prix Canon/Afj De La Femme Photojournaliste
Images-Evidence – Visa Pour L’image-Perpignan
4, Rue Chapon, Bât B
75003 Paris – France