Camera Obscura Journal is accepting entries for the 2011 Summer Photography Competition. This is not a free competition, but the entry fees are quite affordable. Entries are accepted from both professional and amateur photographers.
The Camera Obscura 2011 Summer Photography Competition is open for photographic-based artworks that don’t have to consist exclusively of photography. Photography-based mixed media artworks are encouraged for submission.
Winners will be chosen in two categories: professional and non-professional and cash prizes will be awarded.
Camera Obscura Journal accepts for its photography contest any photographic-based artwork. The artwork need not consist exclusively of photography. Photography-based mixed media artworks are encouraged for submission, in addition to straight photography as long as it can be submitted electronically.
Criteria considered in judging these photographic artworks include:
- artistic merit
- technical proficiency
- theme: Open (Camera Obscura Journal is looking for the best, most visually intriguing photography that can be found)
- $1,200 cash award and publication in the Camera Obscura Journal of Literature & Photography. Selected finalists also receive publication.
- In addition, finalists receive a professional marketing template from © The Polished Photograher – worth $100.
- $300 cash award and publication.
- Finalists also receive publication.
- Professional designation: photographers who earn more than 25% of their income from photography.
- Non-professionals may also enter the professional category.
- Submit highest quality .jpg, .jpeg files. (4meg or less).
- Enter as many images as you wish.
How to enter?
Entries are accepted online through the Camera Obscura Journal’s official website.
Direct questions or concerns to editor [at] obscurajournal.com (please replace [at] with @).
- Professional entries: $15 per photo
- Non-professional entries: $10 per photo