Adobe has recently announced the call for entries for the 2012 Adobe Design Achievement Awards (ADAA)! As most of you probably already know, the Awards celebrate innovative students and faculty members from all over the world for their achievements using the dynamic combination of technology and the creative arts.
Students are invited to compete in 13 categories, including Game Design and Development, as well as Application Development and Mobile Design. For the second consecutive year, the ADAA will also recognize teaching excellence through three categories designed specifically for higher education instructors.
Since the ADAA competition began in 2001, nearly 25,000 students from 73 countries have been involved; in 2011, a record 4,600 entries were submitted.
ADAA – The International Competition for Students and Faculty
The competition recognizes the best student graphic designers, photographers, illustrators, animators, digital filmmakers, developers and computer artists from higher education institutions worldwide who have created innovative projects using Adobe software.
Both individuals and groups may enter up to three unique projects in the following categories during the entire duration of the contest.
- Interactive Media: Browser-Based Design, Non-Browser Based Design, Application Development, Mobile Design, Game Design, Installation Design, Innovation in Interactive Media in Education
- Video and Motion: Animation, Live Action, Motion Graphics, Innovation in Video and Motion in Education
- Traditional Media: Illustration, Packaging, Photography, Print Communications, Innovation in Traditional Media in Education
Win a Trip to Los Angeles and Cash!
ADAA 2012 finalists will receive Adobe software and a trip to Los Angeles, California where they will be honored in an awards ceremony during the Adobe MAX conference, 20-24 October, 2012. Category winners will also receive a cash award of US $3,000.
For a complete awards listing, please hop to the official website.
The 2012 Adobe Design Achievement Awards Contest is Open Internationally!
- The 2012 Adobe Design Achievement Awards Contest is open to all individuals age 18 years or older who are students, or faculty in an accredited institution of higher education.
- The contest is not open to any resident of the following countries: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria.
- If you are a student, you may submit up to 3 entries per category, a total of 39 entries possible per student.
- Faculty members may submit up to 3 entries per Innovation in Education category, a total of 9 submissions possible per faculty member.
Online Entries Accepted
To enter ADAA 2012, you need to register and submit your entries on the official website.