The world’s oldest photographic competition, organized by The Royal Photographic Society, has put out a call for entries for 2012.
The 155th International Print competition is open to entrants until 21 March 2012 and has £6500 (approx $10,000) in cash prizes, Olympus Pen equipment and it will award medals to the winners.
First held in 1854 the Royal Photographic Society’s International Print competition and exhibition is the world’s most prestigious. Submissions reflect all aspects of photography from documentary and contemporary work through to natural history, landscape and portraiture.
Submit Unmounted Prints to the 155th International Print Exhibition
The Royal Photographic Society is inviting you to submit up to five 40cm x 50cm prints on any type or make of paper.
During its long history of over 150 years, it has gained a reputation for showcasing a wide range of genres and styles of photography, with cutting edge prints being shown alongside traditional work.
Get Included in An Exhibition Touring the UK and Win Cash Prizes!
An acceptance in the International Print Exhibition has always been coveted by professionals and amateurs alike and has helped many aspiring photographers to launch their career and achieve recognition.
The 155th International Print Exhibition will tour the UK and elsewhere for up to a year and photographers will have the opportunity to sell copies of their prints. All accepted prints will be shown in a full-colour catalogue which all entrants receive.
The following prizes will also be awarded:
- 1 Gold Society Medal and a prize of £2,000
- 2 Silver Society Medals and prizes of £1,000 each
- 3 Bronze Society Medals and prizes of £500 each
- Allen & Overy Award of £1,000 on the theme of ‘Change’
- Under 25 – Gold Society Medal and a prize of an Olympus PEN Lite E-PL3 with zoom lens kit.
A Competition for Professionals and Amateurs
- This competition is open to everyone of any photographic ability. You don’t need to be a member of The Royal Photographic Society to enter.
- A maximum of five unmounted prints can be submitted. These may be colour, monochrome or a mixture of both.
- The maximum image size including a border is 40cm x 50cm. If you do not want your prints returned, the maximum size including a border can be increased to 45cm x 55cm.
- All selected images will be reproduced in a full colour catalogue which all entrants receive.
- Up to 125 prints will be selected for the Exhibition.
Send Your Entries to The Royal Photographic Society
To enter, fill out the competition entry form and send it, together with your entries, on the following address:The Royal Photographic Society
155th International Print Exhibition,
Fenton House, 122 Wells Road,
Bath BA2 3AH United Kingdom
- £15 RPS member
- £18 Non-member
- £10 Under 25