The purpose of the contest is to foster interest in the relationship of literature to the visual arts through the design of a hypothetical book cover for Tadeusz Borowski’s remarkable collection of concentration camp stories This Way for the Gas, Ladies and Gentlemen.
This is an ideas competition only: as of this writing there are no plans for the winner’s work to be featured on a forthcoming edition of Borowski’s work.
The designer of the winning submission will receive a cash award of $1000.
Design a hypothetical book cover for Tadeusz Borowski’s remarkable collection of concentration camp stories This Way for the Gas, Ladies and Gentlemen.
Artwork must contain the words “This Way for the Gas, Ladies and Gentlemen” and “Tadeusz Borowski.” No other words or phrases shall be used unless they are used in a purely graphical manner.
Only submissions of the front cover will be accepted.
There will be one winner. The designer of the winning submission will receive a cash award of $1000 US and will be featured on the Venus febriculosa website.
- This international competition is open to anyone 18 years or older.
- Graphic design students and professionals are especially encouraged to enter.
- Only one entry per person is allowed.
- All design entries must be an original artwork of the entrant’s own creation.
- Use of copyrighted materials not owned by the entrant will result in disqualification from the contest.
How to enter?
Submissions must be in digital JPEG format only and must be sent to both of the following addresses: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions must include:
- E-Mail Address,
- Country, and
- School Attending (if Student).
- 5” x 8” Vertical Orientation Only
- 300 dpi preferred. 2MB Maximum file size.
- Image file name should include the entrant’s name only (e.g.: Rudolph Nureyev.jpg; rudolph_nureyev.jpg; rudolphnureyev.jpg).