The Bologna Children’s Book Fair, renowned for its special focus on children’s book illustration, together with the SM Foundation, whose intention is to promote children’s books and reading, have joined force to create the Bologna Children’s Book Fair – SM Foundation International Award for Illustration.
The aim of the award is to support the illustration work of young artists (under the age of 35), the special quality of whose work has yet to be acknowledged.
Submit 5 illustrations (fixed number) unpublished or published after 1st January 2008.
There is a $30,000 cash prize for the winner. In addition, the winner will be offered the opportunity to illustrate a children’s book, which will be published by Grupo SM and presented the following year at the fair. A special exhibition will also be organized to highlight the work of the winning artist.
- Every contestant must be under the age of 35.
- Every artist can send one set composed of 5 illustrations.
- The winner will be chosen among the selected illustrators of the Illustrators Exhibition.
- The Exhibition is open to:
- illustrators, including professionals and newcomers, submitting unpublished works or works published in the last two years
- art colleges submitting projects produced by their students in the last two years of study
- publishers presenting their illustrators.
How to enter?
You can find complete information on the official “How to take part” page.