The BlueCat Screenplay Competition, now in its 23nd year, is open for submissions for its 2021 competition.
BlueCat remains committed to the undiscovered writer and continues its tradition of providing written analysis on every script submitted.
BlueCat accepts features, shorts, and pilots and will award over $10,000 in cash prizes in 2021, including the Fellini Award, which gives $1,000 to the best script written by an international writer.
BlueCat Screenplay Competition 2021 awards include:
- The Grand Prize Winner will receive $5,000. All scripts submitted (Features, Pilots and Shorts) are eligible.
- The Feature Screenplay Winner will receive $2,000. Four Feature Finalists will receive $1,000 each.
- The Pilot Winner will receive $2,000. Four Pilot Finalists will receive $1000 each.
- The Short Script Winner will receive $2,000. Four Shorts Finalists will receive $1000 each.
- The Fellini Award will be awarded to the Best Screenplay from any category (Feature, Pilots or Short) of the 2020 Competition written by a screenwriter residing outside the USA and will receive $1,000.
Founded in 1998 by WGA writer Gordy Hoffman, the BlueCat Screenplay Competition continues its mission of developing the undiscovered writer. BlueCat’s winners and finalists have gone on to sign with agencies including ICM, CAA, and WME, with their work sold to several major studios such as Paramount Pictures, Warner Bros., and Universal. BlueCat writers have won awards at Sundance, Berlin, and Tribeca all following their recognition with BlueCat.
For complete information and submission details, please visit the official website, specifically the 2021 Rules and Guidelines page.
BlueCat Screenplay Competition 2020 Fees
- Final Deadline: 25th October 2020
- Feature Screenplay: $70
- Pilot: $65
- Short: $55
- Late Deadline: 13th December 2020
- Feature Screenplay: $80
- Pilot: $75
- Short: $65
- Final Resubmission Deadline: 15th February 2021
- Feature Screenplay: $50
- Pilot: $45
- Short: $35