The call for entries for the 2013 BlueCat Screenplay Competition is now open! For nearly fifteen years, the BlueCat Screenplay Competition’s recognition and development of undiscovered screenwriters from around the world has paved the way for these writers to be signed by major agencies and most importantly, to see their work produced into motion pictures.
The winner of this year’s BlueCat Screenplay Competition will receive $10,000 in cash!
2013 BlueCat Screenplay Competition Call for Entries
Founded by a writer, the BlueCat Screenplay Competition’s passionate commitment to develop and discover the unknown screenwriter continues to define BlueCat’s work today. If you’re a screenplay writer, consider this article an official invitation to enter.
Submitted scripts must be original screenplays, and the sole property of the applicant(s).
All entries must be in English and between 75 and 125 pages in length. All ages are eligible.
The BlueCat Screenplay Competition is offering the following prizes for 2013:
- The winner of the BlueCat Screenplay Competition will receive $10,000 in cash.
- Four finalists receive $2,000 each.
- The best screenplay from the UK will be awarded the Cordelia Award and will receive $1,000.
- The best screenplay from outside the USA, Canada and the UK will be awarded the Joplin Award and will receive $1,000.
- Every entrant who submits by August 1st is eligible for our Title contest, where the three top titles will be awarded $250, as voted on by current BlueCat entrants.
The regular entry fee is $65 per screenplay and the final entry fee – for entries after 15 October 2012 and until 15 November 2012 – is $70 per screenplay.