The Bentley Student Design Competition gives students an opportunity to explore the crucial and rewarding work of designing, building, operating, and sustaining the world’s infrastructure. At the same time, it encourages them to pursue a course of study that emphasizes math and sciences, which are fundamental to every infrastructure discipline.
The Bentley Student Design Competition recognizes innovative and technically advanced projects created by university, technical college, and high school students using Bentley software.
The Bentley Student Design Competition is now accepting nominations for 2011.
Students or teams (not to exceed 3 team members) may nominate their project in one of the categories, at their scholastic level, listed below.
- High School / Technical School Level
- Design a Concert Hall
- Community College / University / Collegiate Level
- Innovation in Architectural Design
- Innovation in Engineering Design
- Innovation in Structural Engineering
- Communicating through Visualization
- A $1,000 Scholarship (team based) to the High School/Technical School level
- A $1,500 Scholarship (team based) to the Community College/University/Collegiate level
- Recognition at their school or Bentley event
- A unique hand-crafted award trophy and award medal
- 10 seats of Bentley software for their school
- Projects must be created utilizing Bentley software as the primary technology. If additional non-Bentley software is used, that technology must be stated.
- Projects are required to be submitted via the online submission form.
- All three aspects of the competition must be fulfilled in order for a project to be complete and eligible:
- Online submission form
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Supporting Image Files
- Students from secondary schools and technical schools are eligible to enter the Bentley Student Design Competition in the University/Collegiate level as long as they use Bentley Solutions to create their project.
- Students may enter the competition in teams not to exceed three contributors per team.
- The submission can be part of a school requirement.
- The Bentley Student Design Competition is not open to employees of Bentley or its integrators and resellers.
- Scholarships are team based.
How to enter?
- Submit your project online by completing the easy four-step submission form.
- Send or upload your supporting image files and PowerPoint presentation.
Upload the images online or ship a DVD containing all your supporting files to:Bentley Systems, Incorporated
2011 Bentley Student Design Competition
685 Stockton Drive
Exton, PA 19341 USA
- Use of Bentley product(s) is required; each entry must state what software was used.
- Write a short essay, minimum 250 words, clearly defining the project’s objectives, how those objectives were met, as well as why the project is superior. (Essay will be entered via the online submission form).
- Create a PowerPoint presentation, no more than 5 to 6 slides, that explains the following on individual slides:
- Project concept and goals
- Design process and execution (story board your project)
- Results (images, etc.)
- In addition to the PowerPoint, send or upload your project’s supporting design files and images:
- One self and/or team photo
- Two to four supporting project images
- Movie/AVI files (if applicable)
- Sample DGN project files (if applicable)
- All images must be high resolution and preferably a minimum of 3825 pixels wide x 2475 pixels tall.
For more information or questions on the 2011 Bentley Student Design Competition, please email us at beinspired [at] bentley.com (please replace [at] with @).