Bartcelona.org design edition is launching a contest for professional designers as well as design students with the aim of promoting creativity and making it possible for young designers to realize their ideas and reflect upon the way in which design – from its most practical to its most abstract expressions – influences the shopping mall experience.
The contest is open to people of all nationalities between the ages of 18 and 40 who study or work in the field of design, either individually or collectively.
Huge prizes await the winners. Furthermore, the event sponsors will give a present to all finalists.
Submit your works in the three main categories: design, show and dream, each focusing on different aspects of design in shopping malls.
- Design category: objects, spaces, graphic and signage.
- Show category: features and installations to create a distinctive visual experience.
- Dream category: open to new ideas.
A total of 20 finalists will be chosen from all submitted entries and exhibited during a period of more than two weeks in Glòries and another venue, which is still to be determined. The jury will then choose three winners among them.
- First Prize: €5,000 and a Jeremy Scott for Swatch limited-edition special pack.
- Second prize: €3,000 and a Markus Linnenbrink for Swatch limited-edition special pack.
- Third prize: €2,000 and a Terje Haakonsen for Swatch limited-edition special pack.
Furthermore, the event sponsors (Freixenet, Swatch) will give a present to all finalists.
- The contest is open to people of all nationalities between the ages of 18 and 40 who study or work in the field of design, either individually or collectively.
- Only one proposal will be accepted for each category (individually or collectively).
- Submitted materials must be originals and cannot have been published anywhere prior to the announcement of the contest results.
- Any action taken by a participant violating these conditions will result in immediate disqualification.
How to enter?
Entries and proposals are only valid when made via the official website. To fill in your application, please visit Bartcelona.org.