Here’s your chance to show off your best architectural work through high-quality renderings and win great prizes!
Create an architectural scene that incorporates the 3ds Max 20th anniversary logo in a recognizable (and creative) form and produce a still image of that scene.
Sponsored by Autodesk®, CGarchitect, and NVIDIA, the Rendering Revolution contest is a global still image architectural visualization competition in celebration of the Autodesk® 3ds Max® 20th Anniversary and advancements in GPU-accelerated rendering solutions.
Create an architectural scene that incorporates the 3ds Max 20th anniversary logo. The logo must be in a recognizable form, but you do get points for creativity.
Produce a still image of that scene. The scene can be designed with any application, but final frame rendering must be done in 3ds Max 2011 or 3ds Max Design 2011 software using its native GPU rendering solutions – Quicksilver or iray® – or any GPU-accelerated third-party rendering solution.
Even if you don’t have 3ds Max 2011, you can still enter this competition by downloading a 30-day trial of 3ds Max 2011.
The grand prize winner will receive round-trip airfare for two, three nights of hotel and complementary passes for two to Autodesk University 2010. The top three winners will also receive a copy of the Autodesk Design Suite Premium 2011 (Valued at $4,995 USD) and an NVIDIA Quadro Board.
- One submission per participant is allowed.
- You must be 18 years or older to enter this competition and 21 years or older to qualify for the grand prize trip to Autodesk University 2010.
- Participants must create a still image of an architectural scene and incorporate the Autodesk “20th Anniversary 3ds Max” logo in some recognizable form or fashion. Participants must use the logo in accordance to the Autodesk Trademark Guidelines.
- The image must be a minimum of 3,000 pixels in the longest dimension.
- Third party software can be used to create the image. However, the final submission must be rendered using Autodesk® 3ds Max® 2011 or Autodesk® 3ds Max® Design 2011 software’s Quicksilver renderer, mental ray® iray® renderer or any other GPU renderer integrated with 3ds Max.
- Post production for the image is limited to color correction only.
- Submitted Images must not be watermarked in any way.
- Submitted Images must include a description of the renderer used, the GPU hardware used, and the amount of time it took to render the Image.
How to enter?
Submit your entries on the competition’s official website.