Athens Bench Mark is a collaborative initiative of “The World of Athens” with the City of Athens united in the effort to change the benches of Athens and help improve city life!
Athens Bench Mark is comprised of two competitions and a volunteer program.
The first competition is the Athens Bench Mark industrial design contest sure to give a makeover of new benches throughout the city. The public will view and vote for the best 100 proposals till the 6th of April and a jury will decide the final three works whose creators will receive cash and prizes. At least one project will be implemented and produced en masse to gear up Athens for the change!
The competition Athens Bench Mark is for new benches that will undergo industrial production, therefore it is neccessary to design benches with specific standards in mind.
- Design aesthetics and harmony – the way it is implied by the central idea of the contest – in the relation of the relevant proposal with the urban environment.
- Object ergonomics to suit not only the average user but as well the elder, disabled people ect.
- Quality of materials and functionality
- Innovative and sustainable design.
- Environmentally friendly and other possible materials and methods of building the final product in an eco friendly or energy saving manner…”Green product”
- Capability of using the modern present industrial machinery and realistic, cost efficient, mass production methods… “smart design”
- Compact design, resistance to vandalism, endurance in time under all environmental conditions, and ease of installation.
- First prize: €5000
- Second prize: €3000
- Third prize: €2000
- The contest is global and open to all.
- Eligible to participation are those 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.
- Entrants may participate as individuals or in groups but no entrant can participate in more than 2 entries in total.
- Former or present, employees, agents, representatives, members of the board of directors of the “Hosting Authority” and regular or substitute members of the evaluation committee as well as their relatives up to second degree are NOT eligible to participation. By entering “The Contest”, all participants fully and unreservedly accept the terms and conditions and regulations of “The Contest” and agree to abide by them as those are stated bellow.
- Each entry should be consisted of original and unpublished designs.
- Design(s) which have participated or been submitted to other concurrent contests, are subjected to third party copyright, include trademarks, promotional messages or contain offensive material will be automatically disqualified.
- The “Hosting Authority” shall not be responsible or liable to others in case the entrants submit material that offences third party (individual or company) copyrights.
- After the final selection of the to-be-manufactured designs, the “Hosting Authority” reserves the right to modify these designs at will for the purposes of their final production wherever this is needed.
How to enter?
In order to participate, each entrant must fill in the online entry form and mail a digital folder in form and with context as described and explained in the Technical Specifications & Design Submission section.
All received data will be initially checked by the site administrator on the folders’ context. If the context meets the described specifications, all the entries will be uploaded and exhibited on the contest’s site during the public voting stage. No change, modification or cancellation on behalf of the entrants shall be possible after their entry application and submission of the material through the web.