Omi International Arts Center is preparing for its 2013 International Artists Residency program and will start accepting applications in November.
Eligible to apply are visual artists from all over the world who have been professionally active for at least the past 3 years. Having studied art is not a requirement and applications will be accepted from self-taught professional artists. Currently enrolled students will not be considered.
Artists from specific regions and/or dealing with specific issues, have greater chances of being allotted a residency.
The Art Omi 2013 International Artists Residency Call for Application Launches 1 November 2012!
The following Fellowships are available for 2013:
- Francis Greenburger Fellowship on Mitigating Religious and Ethnic Conflict: Fellowship only for an artist whose work relates to managing and/or mitigating religious and ethnic conflict. Work made at Omi must be in direct relation to this area.
- The Antrev Sponsorship for the Arts: Sponsorship for an artist living and working in Montreal, Canada.
- Prana Studios Award: Sponsorship for an artist living and working in India.
- The Milton and Sally Avery Arts Foundation: Fellowship for a painter living and working in the United States.
- Charlotte Street Foundation: Fellowship for an artist living and working in Kansas City.
The complete list of requirements and regulations is available through the official website, so make you visit.