The Animation Film Festival Animated Dreams runs from 19 to 23 November, 2010 in Tallinn, Estonia and consists of an international competition programme of short and medium-length animated films and a non-competitive informative programmes, retrospectives and special presentations.
Animated Dreams, the one and only Estonian animation film festival, offers Estonian animators a chance to display the state of their art as well as promotes high-quality international animation culture.
From its beginnings as an offshoot of Black Nights Film Festival back in 1999, the event has evolved into a small independent festival.
Submit your animated film to the international competition.
Eligible films must be:
- short and medium-length (-45 min) animated films;
- premiered after 1 January, 2009;
- screened in 35 mm or broadcast video formats;
- with English subtitles, if not in English.
The international jury is obliged to award:
- Grand Prix “Wooden Wolf” for the Best Film
- Prize for the Best Story
- Prize for the Best Design
- Nomination for ANOBA award from among all Estonian films (in and out of competition)
The international jury is allowed to issue up to three Special Mentions for various achievements.
The festival invites the competition film director (or another filmmaker) as its guest, covering the accommodation in Tallinn for 3 nights and festival accreditation. The festival may invite more members of the cast and/or crew of the competition film.
- All costs related to the transportation of the preview copy (VHS or DVD) and materials are the responsibility of the applicant. Submitted preview copies may be returned to the applicant or forwarded only at the applicant’s expense.
- Costs related to the transportation of the screening copies (35 mm film prints or broadcast video material) to Tallinn are the responsibility of the participant, unless otherwise negotiated. Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the festival. The festival will return or forward the screening copies within 14 days after the end of the festival unless instructed otherwise by the applicant.
- The festival will cover all expenses connected to the storage and insurance of the screening copies during their stay in Estonia.
How to enter?
Completed entry form, additional materials on CD and a preview copy with English subtitles must be sent to the festival office by 15 August 2010.
Documentation may be sent electronically to anima [at] poff.ee (please replace [at] with @).