Anim!Arte is an international film festival of animation movies with focus in the student public. It has as objective to stimulate the culture, as soon as the professional artistic grown, of the animation business in Brazil.
During the event, competitive film festivals of movies made by students assemblage prizes for the winners. There is only one category in the competition for international students.
Anim!Arte is, nowadays, one of the most famous film festivals directed to the student public of the areas of Animation and Audiovisual in Latin America.
Submit animation movies no longer that 15 minutes completed between January, 2008 and October, 2010. Only the movies that contain at least 70% (seventy percent) of animation (in any technique), together with its respective sound effects, will be accepted.
The movies will be judged by a jury indicated by the festival’s coordination board and also will be judged by the public choice.
The event’s ninth edition will occur 16-20 November, at the Matilha Cultural (São Paulo – SP) and 22-24 November at the Federal Fluminense University – UFF (Niterói – Rio de Janeiro).
The International Animation Movies Category will award a prize to the best international animation with the ANIM!ARTE trophy.
- Each author (director or proponent) may inscribe a maximum of 4 (four) animation movies.
- There can be inscriptions for movies concluded between January, 2008 and October, 2010, witch did not participate of the International Exhibition of Student Animation at the Anim!Arte 2009.
- The maximum duration permitted for a movie is 15 minutes.
- It is necessary to send the Authorization file (Attachment 01), filled up and signed, together with the film and the other requirements to the coordination board of the festival.
- The movie must be finalized at the moment of the inscription in AVI, MOV, MPEG, VOB or recorded in DVD – NTSC.
How to enter?
The inscription shall be made by sending the online subscription file totally filled in, together with:
- 1 (one) copy of the movie in format : AVI, MOV, MPEG, VOB or recorded in DVD – NTSC
- Promotion material of the animation, being mandatory the sending of 3 (three) picture frames of the film printed or in digital format (300 dpi) sent by e-mail for press promotion. The proponent must agree to yield up to 30 (thirty) seconds of images for Internet and TV promotion;
The movie can be sent by post mail or sent by e-mail as a File Dropper download link to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is also possible to upload movies on Vimeo and send a link to the video page on Vimeo, by e-mail.
Postal address:ANIM!ARTE 2010 – IX Brazilian Student Animation Festival
3 MOINHOS PRODUÇÕES (To the cares of Simone Evan)
Rua (Street) Santa Clara – 313/605 – Copacabana
Rio de Janeiro, RJ – Brazil
CEP: 22041 – 011
* In the movies sent by international students by post mail, must be written on the envelope: “No Commercial Value – Cultural Use Only.”