Anima Mundi, the international animation festival of Brazil, is calling for entries for its 2012 edition. This is a festival that aims to inform, train, educate and entertain by using the infinite possibilities of the language of animation.
In 2012, Anima Mundi will have seven competitive and five non-competitive categories and will award lots of big prizes to the best animations. Plus, selected films and videos will become part of “Anima Mundi on the Road”, a special program that will tour in several Brazilian cities for 11 months after the festival.
In 2012 Anima Mundi celebrates its 20th anniversary and this is your chance to become a part of it!
The 2012 International Animation Festival of Brazil is Open for Entries
This year’s Anima Mundi will feature the following competitive categories:
- Short Film – shorts intended for the general public
- Short for Children – shorts intended for children
- Brazilian Short Film – shorts by Brazilian authors, exhibited in the Short Film and Short for Children screenings
- Student Film – graduation shorts produced in animation courses or workshops, exhibited in the Short Film and Short for Children screenings
- Feature Film – films with length over 60 minutes
- Feature for Children – films with length over 60 minutes intended for children
- Commissioned Film – commissioned works for advertising, institutional campaigns, music videos or special effects sequences for live-action feature films, exhibited in the Portfolio screenings
The Festival will award six audience and five jury cash awards! Plus the Anima Mundi on the Road award and of course the Best Film Award – consisting of the Anima Mundi trophy and R$ 10,000!
Another very important thing is that, Anima Mundi is now a qualifying festival by the Academy of Motion Pictures, Arts and Sciences. The recipient of the “Best Film Award” in the short films category may be eligible to enter the Animated Short Film competition for the concurrent Oscar® season, provided that the films meets all the requirements set forth by the Academy’s official rules for that season.
There is no restriction regarding themes or genres and no limit in the number of works submitted per entrant. However, a separate entry form is required for each work.
For entry form and further info, please visit the official website.