Entry has opened for the Andrei Stenin International Press Photo Contest 2020, Russia’s only platform for discovering new photojournalists.
The Andrei Stenin International Press Photo Contest is an annual contest aimed at supporting young photo journalists aged 18 to 33 from all over the world in their striving for top professionalism.
The Grand Prize for 2020 is RUB 700,000 and there are three other monetary prizes for the best work in each competition category.
The contest offers young photo journalists an opportunity to make their concerns known. The main themes of the contest include global humanitarian challenges, national identity, social equality and the environment.
In 2019, around 6,000 entries from 80 countries were submitted.
The number of contest participants and the countries they come from has been growing every year. The contest itself is gaining popularity also thanks to the exhibitions of the winning entries, which have become an integral part of the event. They have been held in dozens of countries, including China, South Africa, Mexico, Argentina, Uruguay, Turkey, Lebanon, Germany, Spain, Italy, Greece, Hungary and Poland.
Entries will be accepted on the contest’s website until 29 February 2020 in Russian, English and Chinese.
The contest categories for 2020 are:
- Top News – one photo image/series of images
- Sports – one photo image/series of images
- My Planet – one photo image/series of images
- Portrait. A Hero of Our Time – one photo image/series of images
The contest prizes for 2020 are:
- Grand Prix – RUB 700,000/about USD 10,700.
- First Place for one photo image/series of images in each category – RUB 125,000/about USD 1,900.
- Second Place for one photo image/series of images in each category – RUB 100,000/about USD 1,500.
- Third Place for one photo image/series of images in each category – RUB 75,000/about USD 1,150.
The Andrei Stenin International Press Photo Contest was established on 22 December 2014 by Rossiya Segodnya under the patronage of the Russian Federation’s Commission for UNESCO. The Stenin Contest is the only competition in Russia that discovers new names in international photojournalism and develops quality standards for documentary photography.
The contest was launched in memory of Rossiya Segodnya photojournalist Andrei Stenin, who died a heroic death in southeastern Ukraine in August 2014. He was awarded the Order of Courage of the Russian Federation (posthumously), and Rossiya Segodnya decided to organize a contest in his honor.
No Entry Fee!
It's free to enter.