For the thirteenth time in 20 years the international residency program Akademie Schloss Solitude – located in Stuttgart, Germany – is granting approx. 60 residency fellowships of six to twelve months in duration.
Persons up to 35 or if older than 35 who have completed a university or college degree within the past five years are welcome to apply. Some few fellowships are awarded regardless to the age of the applicant.
International artists are invited to apply.
International artists are invited to apply from the following disciplines:
Architecture (architecture design, urban studies, landscape design)
- Visual Arts (including performance art and curatorial practice)
- Performing Arts (stage design, directing, dramaturgy, playwriting, dance, acting, musical theater, performance)
- Design (visual communication, fashion, costume, product or furniture design)
- Literature (theory/criticism, essay, poetry, fiction, translation)
- Music/Sound (sound installation, sound and music composition, sound and music performance) and
- Video/Film/New Media (including video installation).
Fellowships are awarded to artists who finished their basic studies not more than five years before applying to Akademie Schloss Solitude or who are not older than 35.
Number of Scholarships
6 to 12 months
The fellowship includes the following:
- A combined apartment / studio, furnished with electricity, water and heat free of charge.
- A stipend amounting to 1,000 Euro monthly (plus one-time expenses incurred by the fellowship holder travelling to and from Stuttgart from his or her primary place of residence).The Akademie may also offer additional financial supplements, depending on its respective budget situation.
- A supplement for so-called double housekeeping (subsidy for apartment or studio costs); freight cost subsidy for the transport of materials, tools and instruments to and from Stuttgart; a project promotion subsidy and a one-time materials subsidy; in the case of non-German guests (from non EU-countries), assumption of part of their health insurance expenses.
- The use of the workshops owned by Akademie Schloss Solitude under the supervision of the technical director, are free of charge for fellowship holders.
- In light of the historical character and architectural substance of the building, the combined apartment/studios are generally only suitable for one person. In special cases the Akademie will consider allocating two studios for families.
- All artists invited to stay at Akademie Schloss Solitude are obliged to establish residence in Stuttgart for the duration of the grant (compulsory registration).
To download the application forms as a PDF document, please register with your name and address to the official website.
The application form and the requested material must be submitted in one parcel and sent via the postal service. Please clearly mark the materials with name and application number.
Application deadline is 31 October 2010 (Postmark).
Postal address:Akademie Schloss Solitude