The 9th International Biennial of Drawing Pilsen 2014 is now open for applications and monochrome drawings, created after 2010. In this unique biannual competition, the city of Pilsen, Czech Republic selects the best monochrome drawings with a size of 100×70 cm and announces several awards.
International Biennial of Drawing Pilsen (Bienále Plzeň) is open to all drawing artists around the world, that work in the specific competition category.
A maximum of five (5) works per artist can be submitted, with each drawing judged individually. Sets of drawings are accepted only when drawings put together make maximum size 100 X 70 cm.
The main prize for 2014 is the Grand Prix, but several other prizes (nine in total) will be given out as well:
- Prize of The President of The Pilsen Region
- Prize of The Lord Mayor of the City of Pilsen
- Prize of The International Association of Art – Europe
- Prize of Czech Centres
- Prize of The Union of Visual Arts of the Czech Republic
- Prize of BBK- Bundesverband
- Prize of The Hungarian Association of Graphic Artists
- Prize of The Slovak Union of Visual Artists
- Prize of The Students of the Faculty of Art and Design of UWB
Awards will be announced and handed over to the winners at the opening ceremony of the 9th International Biennial of Drawing Pilsen 2014 held on 8th October 2014.
Application Fee for the 9th International Biennial of Drawing Pilsen 2014
The application fee for foreign artists is 50 Euro.