This delightful and ever popular competition was created to recognize and celebrate the playful side in each of us – artists and viewers alike.
Toys may be functional, nonfunctional, child friendly, child proof, too delicate or scary to touch, or begging for tactile tinkering. Successful entries are creative, original, featuring excellence of design and superior craftsmanship.
Purchase awards totaling up to $2500 will be chosen by the Arkansas Arts Center.
The juror selects the exhibition based digital image submissions. Medium resolution images are preferred. Resolution is sufficient when the image is easily viewed on an average size computer monitor.
Keep images free of identifying information (artist name, etc.,) as this information will require cropping the image. Works with multiple components must be represented by at least one image which shows the complete work arranged for display.
Purchase awards totaling up to $2500 will be chosen by the Arkansas Arts Center after the selected works have arrived.
Works purchased through an award will become part of the Arkansas Arts Center’s Foundation Collection.
- This international juried exhibition presents works that are toys or about toys.
- Each artist may enter up to three entries that are original, completed within the last two years, and not previously exhibited at the Arkansas Arts Center.
- Selected works must arrive at the Arkansas Arts Center by 12 November 2010.
- The artist will be forwarded any sales inquiries and works not for sale may be noted on the entry form.
- The artist is responsible for the cost of shipping and insurance. Prepaid return shipping of selected work is required.
- Entries are not accepted via email.
How to enter?
Complete the information, upload images, and pay a non-refundable fee using the online form by 13 September 2010.
- $15 for the first submission
- $10 for each additional