The Uppsala International Short Film Festival is right now open for submissions to the competition programmes of its 30th edition.
Short films of all genres, excluding advertising and propaganda films, with a running time of no more than 40 minutes are accepted for consideration.
The Uppsala International Short Film Festival celebrates its 30th anniversary 24-30 October 2011. During seven days more than 130 screenings, lectures, seminars and meetings are arranged.
Short films of all genres, excluding advertising and propaganda films, with a running time of no more than 40 minutes in the following screening formats: 35 mm, HD-CAM, Digital Betacam PAL, Betacam SP PAL, are accepted for consideration.
Entries must have been produced no earlier than two years prior to the deadline (i.e. after 30 June 2009).
The awards for the Uppsala International Short Film Festival International Competition are the following:
- The Uppsala Grand Prix (Uppsala Film Jackdaw and the award sum of 25 000 SEK). The award goes to the director of the best film in the International Competition.
- The Uppsala Award in Memory of Ingmar Bergman (the award sum of 50 000 SEK and an art work by a local artist, handed out by the Cultural Affairs Board in Uppsala). The award goes to a young and promising director who pushes the boundaries of film art. Nominations for the award are made by the festival.
- The Audience Award (the award goes to the director of best film, as voted by the festival audience).
The films selected for the Children’s Film Competition compete for the award for the Best Children’s Film (Uppsala Film Jackdaw and the award sum of 10 000 SEK).
All awards are subject to change without prior notice.
- Entries or accepted films can be disqualified have they had commercial distribution or television screenings in Sweden prior to the festival.
- Film prints and screening copies must arrive at the festival office in Uppsala no later than 14 October 2011.
- Dispatches from non-EU member states must be marked for ’cultural use only, no commercial value’ and must not state the value of the shipment for customs as amounting to more than €10. Costs arising from wrongful declarations will be charged to the account of the sender.
- Preview copies and/or other material will not be returned.
How to enter?
Entry must be made on the 2011 entry form supplied by the Uppsala International Short Film Festival on the official website.
The completed entry form should be accompanied by a preview copy on DVD. Preview DVD and signed entry form must arrived at the festival office no later than 14 days after completed online registration.
All preview copies and screening copies sent by post should be sent to:Uppsala International Short Film Festival
Box 2104, SE-750 02, Uppsala, SWEDEN