The Electronic Media Area of the West Virginia University Department of Art is pleased to announce a call for entries to the 2nd annual West Virginia Mountaineer Short Film Festival.
Established in 2010, The West Virginia Mountaineer Short Film Festival celebrates exceptional, compelling, original and innovative works in film, video and animation.
All interested artists, filmmakers, and multimedia enthusiasts are encouraged to submit. Student submissions are also encouraged.
The West Virginia Mountaineer Short Film Festival seeks well crafted, compelling or conceptually challenging works in video, film and multimedia. The only restriction for competitive entries is a 20-minute maximum running time.
There are no rules governing content or artistic approach.
Works will be considered for five competitive categories:
- Documentary Short
- Narrative Short
- Animation/ Experimental
- Student Production
- Energy Themed
Modest awards have been established by the festival organizers to recognize work of exceptional accomplishment. They include a $200 Best of Festival award, and five $100 awards in each of the festival categories: Best Documentary Short, Best Narrative Short, Best Animation/Experimental, Best Student Production, and Best Energy Themed Production.
The 2011 West Virginia Mountaineer Short Film Festival will be held on 31 April 2011 and 1 May 2011 in the Bloch Hall Auditorium of the Creative Arts Center, home of the WVU Art Department, and located in Morgantown, West Virginia.
- All interested artists, filmmakers, and multimedia enthusiasts are encouraged to submit. Student submissions are also encouraged.
- The deadline for the reception of entries is 1 April 2011.
- Notification of acceptance will be made as soon as possible prior to screening.
How to enter?
Entries may be submitted in one of 4 ways:
- Send by mail a standard definition DVD (NTSC, any region)
- Send by mail a your video on a data DVD (.mov or .avi)
- Upload your full resolution video file (.mov or .avi) to Vimeo.com and make the original source video available for download (in privacy settings). Email the URL link to your video to wvmsff [at] gmail.com (please replace [at] with @) along with entry form.
- Upload your full resolution video file (Quicktime or .avi) using: Dropbox, Yousendit or Rapidshare and send the download link in email to wvmsff [at] gmail.com (please replace [at] with @) along with entry form.
Works mailed-in should be sent to:Gerald Habarth, WVMSFF
Division of Art and Design
West Virginia University
College of Creative Arts
PO Box 6111
Morgantown, West Virginia 26506-6111