The 29th Chicago Lesbian & Gay International Film Festival is now accepting film and video entries for this year’s festival. Reeling is the second oldest gay and lesbian film festival in the world and prides itself on showcasing the best LGBTQI films and videos from around the globe.
Reeling 2010 will screen over 100 independent films and videos over 10 days, from 4-13 November 2010.
Entries are eligible for audience awards, as well as juried awards with cash prizes in the categories of Best Feature Film, Best Documentary Feature, Best Narrative Short, Best Documentary Short, and Best Experimental or Animated Film.
Send your films to the festival.
From international feature films to social issue documentaries to experimental shorts, Reeling has always presented a range of genres that demonstrates the rich diversity of work being produced.
The festival will award cash prizes to films and videos selected by the juries as best in their categories. Non-cash prizes are also awarded by audience vote.
- Please submit 2 preview copies on DVD (Region 1/North America or Region 0, no DVD+RW).
- Please avoid applying labels to DVDs; instead write the following information with permanent marker: title, running time, director’s name, and contact information.
- Please test DVDs on as many different players as possible before submitting, since consumer-burned DVDs are often not reliable.
- Please do not use fiber filled shipping envelopes; fibers can damage DVD players.
- Acceptable formats for exhibition include 35mm and 16mm film, DigiBeta (NTSC & PAL), Beta SP (NTSC & PAL), HD, and Blu-ray. Other formats are contingent on available equipment.
- Foreign language work must be subtitled in English.
- Foreign entries must be shipped prepaid.
- Preview materials will not be returned.
How to enter?
You may enter online and save $5 per entry for online entries.
If you prefer to enter by mail, please fill out the entry form completely (don’t forget the synopsis) and sign it. A separate entry form is required for each title that you enter.
Post to:Chicago Filmmakers
Attn: Reeling Film Festival
5243 N. Clark Street, 2nd Floor
Chicago, IL 60640-2122
If your entry is accepted for exhibition, your exhibition film or videotape should arrive in festivals’ office by 15 October 2010.
- Early Bird Special Deadline – until 15 May 2010 – no entry fee.
- Regular deadline: $25 ($20 online) for the first entry, $10 ($5 online) for each additional entry.
- Late deadline: $30 ($25 online) for the first entry, $15 ($10 online) for each additional entry.