This year marks the 25th edition of the Tokyo International Film Festival (TIFF). As the only Japanese film festival accredited by the International Federation of Film Producers Associations (FIAPF), TIFF has played an integral role in Japan’s film industry and cultural scene since it was establishment in 1985.
TIFF aspires to be recognized as one of the four major film festivals in the world and in the same league as Cannes, Venice and Berlin, which now stand at the summit of the more than 2,600 international film celebrations.
TIFF Competition has been the door to international success for unknown brilliant talents as well as the stage to present the latest works of prestigious directors as world premieres.
The 25th Tokyo International Film Festival is Calling for Entries for 2012 Competition
The Tokyo International Film Festival (TIFF) continues to aim to extend the love for the limitless and profound magic of cinema to the viewers, with no career or genre restrictions. The Festival is calling for entries from filmmakers worldwide, to be included in its 25th edition.
Entered films must be completed after 1 January 2012 and must be feature films (including animation) running over 60 minutes. Documentary films are not eligible.
The following prizes will be awarded in 2012, in accordance with the decision of the International Competition Jury:
- Tokyo Sakura Grand Prix (for the producer and the director *2) – cash prize of 50,000 USD
- Special Jury Prize (for the producer and the director *2) – cash prize of 20,000 USD
- Award for Best Director – cash prize of 5,000 USD
- Award for Best Actress – cash prize of 5,000 USD
- Award for Best Actor – cash prize of 5,000 USD
- Award for Best Artistic Contribution (Photography, Sound, Art Direction, Music, Script etc.) – cash prize of 5,000 USD
*2 The cash prize is to be shared equally by the producer and the director.
For more information and detailed guidelines, please visit the Tokyo International Film Festival website.