The 25th Cinema Jove International Film Festival, which will take place in Valencia from 19 – 26 June 2010, aims to promote young filmmakers.
The Festival is open to any film directed by new filmmakers and produced after 1 January 2009.
Welcome to the Cinema Jove International Film Festival, that has been committed to acting as a meeting point for young filmmakers from the Four Corners of the globe.
Every month of June, Valencia becomes this meeting point as the most interesting and creative films are brought out into the limelight. There are two sections where films compete in: one for feature films screened for the first time in Spain and another for the best, most consolidated shorts on the international scene; these constitute the thrust of a programme which also embraces tribute to veteran filmmakers, young ‘cult movie’ directors, exhibitions, professional meeting points… The Valencia event reflects the firm commitment to a cinema of quality for people from all walks of life; Cinema Jove is now among the top most important international film festivals held in Spain.
Submit your films in the following categories:
- Feature Films
- Short Films
Films selected for the Official Competition will be eligible for the following awards:
- Feature Films:
- €30000 – LUNA DE VALENCIA for the Best Feature
- Short Films:
- €10000 – LUNA DE VALENCIA for the Best Short
- €6000 – SPECIAL JURY AWARD for short films
- PECERA ESTUDIO AWARD to the Spanish short film with the best sound track, consisting of €2404 for the audio post production of a short film, with a maximum running time of 30 minutes.
- CANAL + INTERNATIONAL AWARD to the best short film, consisting of the purchase of broadcasting rights in Europe.
- SONOFILM AWARD to the best director of short film produced in Spain, consisting of €3000 for the post-production of the winner’s next project.
- Films must have been produced after 1 January 2009 and must not have been entered in previous editions of the Festival. Feature films must not have had a commercial screening in Spain nor must they have been screened at any other Spanish film festival before or during Cinema Jove. Short films must not have been presented in the Comunidad Valenciana (Land of Valencia) before or during Cinema Jove.
- More than two films by the same director cannot be presented to the Festival. In this case, the Selection Committee shall only choose one.
- Entries must be in the original version. They must be accompanied by a dossier containing the original text and lines along with a translation in Spanish or English.
- We will only accept 35 mm prints as screening format, regardless of the shooting format. In the case of feature films shot in professional video, and provided that a 35 mm print does not exist, the Festival will consider the possibility of screening them in this format.
- Films over 60 minutes will be considered feature-lengths. Short films will not exceed a maximum running time of 30 minutes.
- Any film not presenting sufficient technical qualities for a correct public screening will be refused.
- Filmmakers whose films are not selected will be informed of the results of the selection before the beginning of the Festival.
How to enter?
Participants will need to register on-line by 15 March 2010, the closing date for registration.
Applicants are requested to send:
- 3 DVDs of the film with English subtitles.
- The signed printout of the on-line form.
- Biography and filmography of the director (only for feature films section).
- Film stills and a photograph of the director for its publication in the catalogue.
- Written original dialogues with a Spanish or English translation.
All documentation materials must be sent to:Cinema Jove International Film Festival
C/ La Safor 10. Despacho 5 – 46015 Valencia