The 2017 Global Excellence Awards honors and celebrates outstanding originality and excellence in international interior design/interior architecture projects.
Any interior designer/interior architect may submit design project(s) located outside of the United States, completed after 1 October 2015.
Winners will be featured on the IIDA website, on social media, and in the official Winners Brochure. The winning projects will also be included in an issue of Perspective, the IIDA design journal. An awards celebration will take place at Le Brand Store BMW George V Paris on 20 January 2018.
The International Interior Design Association (IIDA) is accepting project submissions in the following categories:
- Corporate Space Large (1,000 square meters and above)
- Corporate Space Small (under 1,000 square meters)
- Education (elementary/secondary educational facilities, colleges/universities)
- Entertainment (casinos, performing arts centers, sports arenas, theatres)
- Healthcare (hospitals, outpatient clinics, medical facilities)
- Institutional (cultural, government/municipal spaces, libraries, religious spaces)
- Public Spaces & Commercial Lobbies
- Residences Large (125 square meters and above)
- Residences Small (under 125 square meters)
- Restaurants, Lounges & Bars
- Retail (stores, boutiques)
- Sales Centers & Show Flats
- Showrooms & Exhibition Spaces
- Spas, Fitness Centers, & Gymnasiums
The winning design projects are chosen by a jury of design professionals. Submissions will be judged on the basis of the appropriateness of the design solution and the successful integration of the elements of design, as well as excellence in aesthetics, design, creativity, and function.
A maximum of two winners in each category will be selected.
2017 IIDA Global Excellence Awards Fees
The entry fee is:
- $250 for IIDA members
- $300 for non-members
You can submit a project to the Global Excellence Awards and save $50 on the entry fee to the 2018 IIDA Interior Design Competition.