The Vilcek Foundation is seeking applications for the 2015 Vilcek Prizes for Creative Promise in Fashion to award three prizes of $50,000 each to young immigrant fashion professionals who demonstrate outstanding early achievement.
The Foundation has chosen the field of fashion as the award category for the 2015 Vilcek Prizes for Creative Promise in the Arts.
Eligible candidates include fashion designers, stylists, hair/makeup artists, writers, curators, photographers, filmmakers and illustrators, born outside the United States and 38 years old or under.
Professionals in the following fields are encouraged to apply:
- Designer — including but not exclusive to womenswear, menswear, textile design, accessories, and other artifacts
- Stylist — including editorials, advertising campaigns, and fashion presentations
- Makeup/hair artist — truly experimental pushing the breadth of materials used to communicate their narrative of makeup or hair
- Image Maker — including fashion photography, film, animation, and illustration
- Curator — including exhibitions, presentations, and display through real and/or virtual environment
- Writer — fashion writing, including curatorial, journalistic, critical, editorial, and historical
A panel of distinguished experts will evaluate applicants based on the clarity, ambitiousness, and feasibility of their vision; the degree of innovation and uniqueness apparent in the work samples; and the impact applicants have had in the field of fashion.
The winners will be honored at the Foundation’s annual awards ceremony in the spring of 2015.