The BlueCat Screenplay Competition has recently opened for entries for 2015, continuing its tradition in providing a community for the unknown screenwriter to develop their work.
BlueCat accepts both feature length and short screenplays, and in keeping with its longstanding tradition, every screenplay will receive one written analysis, with the best screenplays receiving over $40,000 in cash prizes.
Since 1998, the BlueCat Screenplay Competition is giving undiscovered screenwriter talent a path to professional success.
The following awards will be announced in April 2015:
- $15,000 Best Feature Screenplay
- 4 x $2500 Feature Finalists
- $10,000 Best Short Screenplay
- 3 x $1500 Short Finalists
- $1500 The Cordelia Prize – Best Feature Screenplay from the UK
- $1500 Joplin Award Prize – Best Feature Screenplay from outside the USA, Canada or the UK
The regular deadline for the competition is 15th October 2014. No entries will be accepted after 15th November 2014.
2015 BlueCat Screenplay Competition Fees
Entry fees start from $55 for Features, $35 for Shorts and vary depending on the entry deadline.
Special discounts are available for Student entries.