Exceptional environmental graphic design is recognized in the annual SEGD Design Awards Program, illustrating the pandisciplinary nature of visual communications in the built environment.
The awards are conferred by multidisciplinary, international juries and the winners are honored at the SEGD Conference + Expo, featured in the award-winning segdDESIGN magazine, and on the SEGD website.
The Society for Environmental Graphic Design (SEGD) is a global community of people working at the intersection of communication design and the built environment.
Submit projects completed 2008 in 2009, or 2010 that demonstrate the use of graphic design elements in the design solution and focus on communication of information, identity, or image in the designed environment.
SEGD invites you to submit your best work in:
- Dynamic Environments: media facades, interactive architecture, media-based exhibitions, digital billboards, electronic public art
- Office/Workplace Environments: office buildings, business parks, mixed-use centers, industrial and manufacturing buildings, convention and conference centers
- Leisure/Entertainment Environments: walking and hiking trails, recreation centers, theme parks, arenas, stadiums, theaters, concert halls, cinemas, hotels, resorts, restaurants, spas, fitness centers, parks, gardens, cruise ships, marinas, golf courses
- Educational/Institutional Environments: healthcare facilities, libraries, schools, campuses, government facilities
- Transportation Environments: airports, ports, bus, rail, roadways, parking facilities
- Retail/Commercial Environments: service businesses, malls, storefronts, interiors, food courts, showrooms, outdoor advertising
- Residential Environments: apartments, condominiums, developments, retirement centers, dormitories
- Urban Projects: cities, mixed-use complexes, downtowns, neighborhoods, wayfinding systems, streetscapes
- Exhibitions: museums, zoos, interpretive exhibits
- Trade Shows/Temporary Events: expositions, pavilions, athletic events, festivals
- Master Plans/Planning/Research: conceptual ideas, research, recommendation studies, sign/identity/branding standards, programs
- Miscellaneous: signage, architectural graphics, placemaking, identity programs, public art, donor recognition programs, maps, symbol/pictogram systems, sign codes, gateways, landmarks
Winners are honored at the SEGD Conference + Expo, featured in the award-winning segdDESIGN magazine, and on the SEGD website.
The 2011 SEGD Conference + Expo will take place 1‐4 June 2011 in Montreal.
- Who should enter?
- Environmental graphic designers
- Graphic designers
- Exhibit designers
- Landscape designers
- Interior designers
- Industrial designers
- Graphic artists
- Public artists
- Student work completed in 2009 or 2010 is eligible.
- Projects from SEGD members and non-members can be submitted.
- Projects that were previously entered on SEGD but did not win, can also be submitted.
- The late entry deadline is 14 February 2011.
How to enter?
- 1‐3 projects
- Member: $120/project
- Non‐member: $240/project
- 4+ projects
- Member: $100/project
- Non‐member: $200/project
- Student work
- Member: $35/project
- Non‐member: $50/project
- Late entry fee: $50 per project