If you’re a jewelry designer 18 years of age or younger, Rio Grande invites you to enter your most innovative piece into the Emerging Artist category of the Saul Bell Design Award competition.
Now entering its fourth year, the Emerging Artist competition invites you to seize the challenge, to push your best ideas into the center of the spotlight.
There are no limitations on medium, as long as the finished piece is wearable jewelry, designed and fabricated by you!
Create wearable jewelry, designed and fabricated by you.
Pieces are judged on the following criteria:
- The innovation and uniqueness of the design
- The quality of workmanship (for final judging)
To encourage recognition of the schools that provide mentorship and support to young designers, Rio also awards a matching prize to a school of the winners choice.
- 1st Place: $500 Rio Grande Gift Certificate to the winner plus a matching $500 Rio Grande Gift Certificate to the school
- 2nd Place: $250 Rio Grande Gift Certificate to the winner plus a matching $250 Rio Grande Gift Certificate to the school
- 3rd Place: $100 Rio Grande Gift Certificate to the winner plus a matching $100 Rio Grande Gift Certificate to the school
Finalists and winning designers will be celebrated at an invitation-only gala held during JCK Las Vegas 2011, an international trade show for jewelry professionals.
- Any designer 18 years of age or younger is welcome.
- Employees of Rio Grande or of any affiliate or participating company (and their immediate family members) may not participate.
- Finalists will be notified by 17 Dec 2010 and asked to produce their designs for final judging. Finished pieces must be received by 28 January 2011.
How to enter?
A completed registration form along with renderings, photographs or electronic files must be received by Rio Grande no later than 3 December 2010.
Postal address:Rio Grande
7500 Bluewater Road NW
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87121-1962
Attention: Design Awards