This contest is in memory of Sanford L. Rosenberg, a graduate of the Loomis School, Cornell University and Cornell Law School. While he spent his professional career expressing himself as a corporate attorney, he developed a passion for photography later in life. Through his lens, he enjoyed expressing his creative side with images of nature and dance. He was a mentor to many in the areas of law and the visual and performing arts.
The movement in all forms of dance imaged in the moment by photography is the goal of this competition. Momentum: Images of Dance captures the energy and drama of both mediums.
Submit photography prints that capture all forms of dance.
The 2011 contest will award six prizes: First, Second, Third and Fourth place; Honorable Mention; and C.V.R.B. Commendation Prize.
All six winners will receive graduated monetary awards and frameable certificates.
- Each contestant may submit up to 3 entries (black and white or color).
- Each photograph must be 8″ x 10″ (please use high quality photographic paper – matt or gloss).
- Each photograph must be numbered on the back corner to correspond with the listing on the application form (use soft pencil).
- Do not write on back of photo except to provide number in a corner as described above.
- The submitted print becomes the property of the The Connecticut Valley Regional Ballet Company, Inc. (C.V.R.B.) and will be displayed as part of its permanent collection (all rights to the original image remain with the artist).
How to enter?
Submit a completed application with your entries, starting from 1 October 2010.
Images and application form should arrive by 1 June 2011. Send them to:Dorothy Silverherz (Rosenberg)
3 Partridge Lane
Avon, CT 06001-4527