Following the success of 2008 Bridge Design Competition, National Taipei University of Technology (NTUT) School of Architecture would like to further the event, by offering a second design competition to foster idea dialogues among students. Building upon past experiences, NTUT hopes to enhance the platform on which global exchanges can take place. Given architecture’s recent involvement with sustainability and global warming, this competition calls for creative responses to these environmental concerns.
This competition takes on an elemental perspective to architectural design and sustainability.
Entrants are to imagine and produce creative proposals for an ecological “WALL”. The evaluation and definition of “WALL” are open to applicants’ imaginations. Entrants are free to choose or make site, real or virtual.
- (1) Gold Prize winner will be awarded $50000 NT (cash or gifts equal in value) and a trophy.
- (1) Silver Prize winner will be awarded $20000 NT (cash or gifts equal in value) and a trophy.
- (1) Bronze Prize winner will be awarded $5000 NT (cash or gifts equal in value) and a trophy.
- (3) Honorable Mention winners will be awarded $2000 NT (cash or gifts equal in value) and a merit certificate.
Winners will be announced and notified by 3 June 2010.
- Open to international students in the fields of architecture and design related disciplines from an accredited four-year or five-year architecture program.
- Teamed collaboration consisting of students in the above mentioned fields is permitted.
- Works submitted must be of applicants’ original works.
- Works done through school studios are accepted, but limited to 2010 Spring term.
- Accepted Languages of the NTUT WALL COMPETITION are English and/or Chinese, with English as preferred language.
- All materials submitted by an entrant will become the property of National Taipei University of Technology.
- Submitted works must be of original content. Plagiarism, intellectual infringement, or any suspected violation of law will lead to immediate disqualification. National Taipei University of Technology does not accept any legal responsibility for contents submitted by an entrant.
- National Taipei University of Technology reserves the right, without compensation, to distribute, use, publish, and release entrant’s submission as it may see fit. Each entrant also grants National Taipei University of Technology the right to reproduce, translate, cite, modify, and to derive works from the submission.
- National Taipei University of Technology reserves the right to alter competition requirements and rules at any time as it may deem fit at its sole discretion.
How to enter?
Register online to receive your registration number. Label “WALL COMPETITION ENTRY” on the mailing packages and mark registration number on all mailing packages and on CDs.
Send your entries to the following address:National Taipei University of Technology
Department of Architecture
No.1, Sec. 3, Zhongxiao E. Rd.
Da’an Dist., Taipei City
106, Taiwan (R.O.C.)