Scuba Diving’s annual photo contest is back for 2010. Diving has taken you to some pretty exotic locales around the globe, as well as interesting spots right outside your back door, and we want to feature the images you’ve taken. Simply shoot, stand a chance to win and have your image featured in the August 2010 issue of Scuba Diving magazine.
Enter in one or all four categories including traditional Macro and Wide-Angle, and two new categories for this year: Behavior and Photo Essay – in which you enter six images that tell a story about a specific dive destination, a specific dive site, or an encounter.
Submit your diving photographs from various places around the globe.
- Photo Essay
- Grand Prize: Seven-night live-aboard trip on the Turks & Caicos Aggressor II, for two people + $1,000 cash (worth $6,490). Package includes deluxe accommodations aboard the luxury diving yacht Turks & Caicos Aggressor II, with all meals and snacks, unlimited diving (5 ½ days of diving), and airport transfers on day of arrival.
- Prizes by category:
- 1st place: Ball Engineer Master II Diver
- 2nd place: Fisheye FIX housing for the Canon G11, courtesy of Backscatter
- 3rd place: Spare Air Package
- 1st place: Eight day/seven night live-aboard trip on the Palau Big Blue Explorer, for one person
- 2nd place: SCUBAPRO MK 25/S600
- 3rd place: Atomic Aquatics mask/snorkel/fins Package
- 1st place: Eight day/seven night live-aboard trip on the Aqua Cat, for one person
- 2nd place: Three day/ Two night resort stay at the Sheraton Nassau Beach Resort + two days diving with Stuart Cove’s Dive Bahamas, for one person
- 3rd place: Spare Air Package
- Photo Essay:
- 1st place: Five night Grand Cayman resort stay at Compass Point Dive Resort + four days of two-tank diving with Ocean Frontiers, for two people
- 2nd place: SeaLife DC1000 Elite Set
- 3rd place: Mares Prestige 12S
Please visit the official website for more detailed information on prizes.
- The Contest is open only to individuals, eighteen (18) years or older at time of entry, who are legal residents of the United States, excluding residents of the states of Arizona, New Jersey and Vermont.
- Employees of Bonnier Corporation and its parent companies, subsidiaries or agents, their immediate families (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse and grandparents), and those domiciled with any of the foregoing are not eligible.
- Submissions will not be accepted via email.
- All information provided by entrant must be complete, true and correct.
- All submitted entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Only noncommercial work may be submitted.
How to enter?
You need download the entry form and enter by mail.
Send your digital files along with your entry fee. Digital files must be submitted in jpeg or tiff format, no less than 300 dpi at 8.5 x 11 inches on CD-ROM to Scuba Diving Photo Contest:460 N. Orlando Avenue,
Suite 200, Winter Park,
Only digital files in the above-mentioned format will be accepted. Multiple entries may be submitted on a single CD-ROM.
The following information must be included on each CD-ROM:
- your name,
- phone number,
- category or categories you are entering.
There is an entry fee of ten dollars ($10.00) per image that is entered.