2010 Kodak Scholarship Program is open for entries. If you’re a university or college student of film, film production, or cinematography at the undergraduate or graduate levels in a degree or diploma program, submit your entries and have your chance to win great prizes.
These highly competitive awards are given to students demonstrating superior professional filmmaking production skills and creativity.
Colleges and universities in the U.S., Canada, and participating countries in Asia Pacific, Europe and Latin America, that offer a degree or diploma program in film, film production, or cinematography may nominate up to two students each year for consideration.
Send your application to these highly competitive awards for superior professional filmmaking production skills.
Nominees will be evaluated on the basis of academic achievement, creative and technical ability, communications ability, and range of filmmaking experience. Visual Imagery will count 50%, creative and other technical skills 25%, and the other criteria 25%.
Excellence in the Craft of Filmmaking Category:
- Gold: $1,000 cash award and $5,000 KODAK Motion Picture Product Grant
- Silver: $4,000 KODAK Motion Picture Product Grant
- Bronze: $3,000 KODAK Motion Picture Product Grant
- Honorable Mentions: Two $2,000 KODAK Motion Picture Product Grants
A Blue Ribbon Jury will evaluate all submitted work and make all final selections. The jury will consist of one individual from Kodak and one from the University Film & Video Association (UFVA), plus a representative from the filmmaking industry.
- For university or college students of film, film production, or cinematography at the undergraduate or graduate levels in a degree or diploma program. Nominations must be made by the school department or program official.
- Entries must be completed works that communicate a story or theme in some fashion – no clips or short vignettes.
- Eligible institutions are colleges and universities in the U.S., Canada, participating Asia Pacific countries (Australia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore), participating European countries (Austria, Benelux, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom) and participating Latin America countries (Argentina, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Netherlands Antilles, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Surinam, Uruguay and Venezuela).
- No more than two nominees per institution.
- College student nominees must be fulltime undergraduate or graduate students enrolled in the 2009 – 2010 academic year and planning to enroll for the 2010 – 2011 academic year in a film school’s degree or diploma program.
- All judges’ decisions are final.
- The names of the winners may be published on the website at http://www.kodak.com/go/motion. Winners agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general location for publicity and news purposes in connection with the Scholarships Program.
How to enter?
Download and fill in the application form. Get your school or department official to fill in the required fields and nominate you.
Submit 2 copies of paperwork and 2 copies of DVD.
Send your application to:KODAK Scholarship
343 State Street
Rochester, NY 14650-0315