Capture the beauty, history, activities, and character of the Erie, Cayuga-Seneca, Oswego, and Champlain Canals and their surrounding communities for 2010 Erie Canalway Photo Contest.
Capture distinctive architecture, engineering marvels, canal structures, historic Main Streets, water activities and scenes, people having fun at canal-related events and activities or landscapes, waterscapes, wildlife, plants, the beauty of the seasons.
Winning entries will be featured in the 2011 Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor Calendar. Winners will also receive a copy of the calendar and other prizes to be determined.
Submit photo entries to the 2010 Erie Canalway Photo Contest.
Place your photos in one of the four categories listed below.
- Bridges, Buildings, and Locks
Distinctive architecture, engineering marvels, canal structures, historic Main Streets
- On the Water
Water activities and scenes, e.g., boating, paddlings, tugs and barges, historic vessels
- For the Fun of It
People having fun at canal-related events and activities, e.g., cycling the Erie Canalway Trail, fishing, picnicking, concerts, etc.
- The Nature of the Canal
Landscapes, waterscapes, wildlife, plants, the beauty of the seasons
Entries will be judged on the basis of creativity, photographic quality, and effectiveness in conveying the beauty and/or unique character of the canalway in one of the contest categories.
First, second and third place photographs, as well as twelve honorable mentions, will be chosen in each of the four contest categories.
The winning photographs with appropriate credit will appear in the Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor 2011 Calendar and on the Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor website.
Winners will also receive a copy of the calendar and other prizes to be determined.
- The contest is open to any amateur or professional photographer except employees or Commissioners of the Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor and members of their immediate families.
- All photographs must be taken within the Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor which includes the Erie, Oswego, Cayuga/Seneca, Champlain Canals and surrounding communities. A map of the heritage corridor and a list of corridor communities can be found on the official website.
- Entries may be either prints or digital images in color or in black and white.
- A maximum of three (3) entries per photographer is allowed. All entries must be listed on a single entry form.
- Photos containing recognizable people must be accompanied by a model photo release form signed by the subject or a parent or legal guardian, if subject is under 18 years of age.
- Photographs, regardless of medium, will not be returned. Do not send your only copy of a photograph.
How to enter?
Entries must be accompanied by a completed and signed Entry Form.
Send entries to:Photo Contest
Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor
P.O. Box 219
Waterford, NY 12188