UCDA’s annual Engagement Project offers ways for you to make an impact in someone’s life. Your words, video or design could make the difference – participate in the 2010 Suicide Prevention Project.
What can you create that will cause someone, at the very least, to stop and think? The simple act of engagement can draw in the outcast, help prevent loneliness and discourage destructive behavior.
Get involved! Care. Smile. Say hello. Reach out. Interact. Show your concern. This is engagement.
The University & College Designers Association (UCDA) inspires designers working in academia in North America and around the world by delivering relevant programming and benefits in a personal and thoughtful way. The organization provides for the professional and personal growth of its members, and advocates for designer and educators roles within their institution. UCDA works to elevate the importance of design overall.
Suicide prevention should be the focus of the entry but it is open to interpretation for meaning and message. Entries may be posters, written works, videos, audio files, websites, or other media.
Accepted file formats:
- High-quality PDF file (for posters, essays, poems, presentations or other written work)
- Specific URL (one web page, not an entire site; for online, audio or video)
- SWF file or MP3 file (for audio or video)
Although this is not a competition and there is no monetary award, the project is a chance to do creative work for this good cause.
- This call for submissions is open to university and college students, staff and educators. The Engagement Project is a program of the University & College Designers Association, but you do not need to be a UCDA member to enter.
- Selected entries will be posted online and may be distributed freely to on-campus areas to highlight awareness of this important issue.
- Although only selected submissions will be posted, this is not a competition and there will be no winners and no prizes will be awarded. The work may also be used in other UCDA materials such as UCDA’s Designer magazine. UCDA will publicize the URL on the UCDA website, through emails, and in the Home Page newsletter. Participants may link to the UCDA website for their own promotional purposes.
- By submitting a work, the author, designer, or creator is agreeing that it may be displayed and posted publicly and downloaded freely. Submitter is also responsible for obtaining all copyright and other licensing permissions.
How to enter?
Files can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include your name, title, institution and contact information (address, phone, email, etc.) when submitting your entry.