Andreu World is inviting you to take part in the 11th annual international furniture design contest. The assignment is to design a chair or a table. The designs should be sustainable with possible innovative features related to design, quality, technology, production processes, etc.
Designers of all ages, professionals and students from all fields of designs from around the world may enter.
Two monetary prizes and four special mentions will be made at the end of the contest on a special award ceremony at the 2011 Valencia Habitat Fair.
In order to participate, you must design an item of furniture (seat or table) that contemplates all the specifications outlined in the product Briefing and which resolves the accompanying technical and formal challenges in the terms indicated.
- Seating: The main material used shall be Beech wood, Oak wood or Walnut. Chairs may be upholstered to a greater or lesser extent, if considered appropriate and veneered board or plywood
- Tables: The main material used shall be Beech wood, Oak wood or Walnut. Tables may be veneered board or plywood
The use of other materials such as metals, plastics, glass, etc. is allowed when complementary, structural or incidental to the above.
- 1st Prize: 3000 Euros,
- 2nd Prize: 1000 Euros, and
- 4 special mentions.
The awards ceremony will be held on 20 September at the Andreu World Stand at the 2011 Valencia Habitat Fair.
- This competition is aimed at designers and design students. However, anybody with an idea, design or project they think is good is welcome to make a submission.
- All designs presented shall be new, not having been marketed or disclosed prior to the date of the contest.
- You have to obtain an identification number and attach a sworn statement for each model you submit.
- Your name should not appear on the project or on any material presented.
- Each entrant must pay the costs of postage and packaging when sending their project to our facilities.
How to enter?
Register by completing the online form on the official website.
The following material must be submitted by each participant:
- A prototype of the proposed piece (scale 1:5)
- A project synopsis, to be presented on 2 to 4 double-space, single-face A4 typewritten pages. (8 ½ inches x 11 inches for projects sent from United States of America).
- CD with plans, diagrams, sketches, etc.
- Duly signed affidavit.
All documentation must sent to:Andreu World, SA,
C / Los Sauces, 7 Urb Olimar
46370 Chiva – Valencia
or PO box Nº 127, C.P. 46370
by post or messenger service, or by delivering the project by hand to our offices, before 12 September 2011.