The Independent Music Awards is a prestigious international program that gets top-ranked independent artists & releases the recognition they need to reach millions of fans worldwide.
Now in its 10th year, the IMAs honor artists who broaden the definition of commercial success & represent the diversity of the global Indie scene.
Adding to an already broad spectrum of music and design categories, awards added to this year’s program include: Adult Contemporary, Reissue Album, and EP.
Please see a complete list of categories on the official website. There are quite few available.
Here’s what you can enter:
- Any self or indie label (released between 1 June 2009 and 30 September 2010) material that has been self-distributed or distributed by an independent or major label distributor.
- Any original, copyrighted (with the exception of the Cover Song category) song composition released between 1 June 2009 and 30 September 2010.
- Any album composition with all original songs or a combination of original and cover songs released between 1 June 2009 and 30 September 2010.
- Any original EP released between 1 June 2009 and 30 September 2010.
- Any live performance album released (not necessarily recorded) between 1 June 2009 and 30 September 2010.
- Any design, photograph or packaging created exclusively for music, promotion or a project released between 1 June 2009 and 30 September 2010.
- Any posters created for an artist, band or music venue to promote an event that occurred between 1 June 2009 and 30 September 2010.
- Any songs used in a production shown in theaters, on TV, in gaming, or multimedia or other audio/visual productions released between 1 June 2009 and 30 September 2010.
- Any music video of a song or a long form music presentation released between 1 June 2009 and 30 September 2010.
- Any website created to promote a solo artist/band, independent record label or music business company.
- Any individual article of merchandise (t-shirt, hat, mug, bumper sticker, kazoo, etc.) created exclusively for the band or album being promoted.
Unlike contests or battle of the band programs that focus on cash & prizes, The IMAs deliver yearlong marketing & sales support plus performance & licensing opportunities that place winners & nominees in front of 1 billion music fans.
The program creates opportunities and fan bases for artists & releases traditionally ignored by mainstream gatekeepers, mass media & big box retailers.
- IMA proudly accepts submissions from all over the globe.
- Each entry must be clearly marked with the name of the artist and the one music or design category for which it is to be considered.
- Identify each song title on The IMA entry form, and on the disc submitted, or in the online submission platform.
- A completed entry form (or photocopy) must accompany each submission.
- You may submit as many entries as you wish.
- Each submission form must have the Category Code for each entry and be accompanied by a check, money order or credit card payable in U.S. funds.
How to enter?
Visit the official website and enter by choosing the method that’s right for you.
- 1-2 Songs in the same category = $30
- 1 Full Album = $30
- 1 EP = $30
- Submit 3 or 4 entries and you’ll receive a 10% discount
- Submit 5 or more entries and you’ll receive a 20% discount (5 entries is like getting 1 for free; 10 entries is like getting 2 for free!)