The 10th Andreu World Internacional Design Competition is looking for an innovative and functional design of a chair or a table. The designs presented must be suitable for mechanized mass production and must be original.
All design students or designers can take part in this competition, with no age restriction.
A monetary prize of €4,000 is reserved for the winner.
Design for a chair and/or table.
- Possible innovative features related to design, quality, technology, production processes, etc. and in general anything that adds value to the presented project.
- Possible adaptation to the product philosophy of Andreu World S.A.
- Production costs and/or recovery.
- Functionality: fulfilment of the functions for which it has been designed.
- All-round simple and viable mass production possibilities.
- Possible versatility and suitability for development in occasional pieces such as stools, easy chairs, sofas, etc. in the case of chairs, and of different sizes and heights in the case of tables.
- Suitability to numerous ambiences and uses such as the home, contract work, etc.
- Seating: The main material used shall be Beech wood, Oak wood or Walnut. Chairs may be upholstered to a greater or lesser extent, if considered appropriate and veneered board or plywood
- Tables: The main material used shall be Beech wood, Oak wood or Walnut. Tables may be veneered board or plywood
- The use of other materials such as metals, plastics, glass, etc. is allowed when complementary, structural or incidental to the above.
Entries will be analysed according to the following:
- Production costs, fulfilment of intended purpose and ergonomics.
- Innovative features that serve to enhance the quality of the product will be evaluated for their viability. The designs presented must be suitable for mechanized mass production.
- The product must be original and not previously produced.
Two monetary prizes will be awarded:
- 1st Prize – €4,000
- 2nd Prize – €2,000
- A maximum of 3 special mentions may be awarded by the jury
The award ceremony will be held on 28th September 2010 in the Andreu World booth at the Habitat Valencia trade fair.
- All design students or designers can take part in this competition, with no age restriction.
- All designs presented shall be new, not having been marketed or disclosed prior to the date of the Competition.
- Any designs arriving without the ANDREU WORLD, S.A. contestant number will be excluded from the Competition. Designs arriving with a number not included in the ANDREU WORLD, S.A. database will also be excluded.
- All the material sent (1:5 scale prototype of the proposed piece, short project report, CD and the box in which the project is sent) must be identified with the contestant number given to you.
- You can enter more than one project. The only requirement is that you have to obtain an identification number and attach a sworn statement for each model you present.
How to enter?
Entries must comprise the following material:
- A 1:5 scale prototype of the proposed piece.
- A short project report, from two to four pages typed in double-spacing on one side A4 size (8 ½ inches x 11 inches for projects coming from the Unite States of America).
- CD with the plans, sketches, outlines and description necessary for understanding the design.
Send material addressed to:ANDREU WORLD, S.A.
C/ Los Sauces, 7 Urb. Olimar
46370 Chiva – Valencia – Spain
orP.O. BOX – Apdo. nº 127
46370 Chiva – Valencia – Spain
Entries must be sent before 20th of September 2010.
The projects from the United States can be sent before 13th September 2010 to the following address:Andreu World America
Chicago Merchandise Mart
222 Merchandise Mart Plaza
Chicago, Illinois 60654
Showroom 10-132 – 10th Floor