To celebrate its 100 millionth guidebook, Lonely Planet has created a place for you to share your favourite travel photos.
Share your favourite travel photos with Lonely Planet and win over AU $170,000 in prizes!
There are some amazing prizes for contributors, so show your view of the world!
Submit photos that epitomise the adventurous spirit of Lonely Planet.
There are three levels of judging in this competition. The criteria at each level of judging are creativity, aesthetic appeal, originality and best representation of the pioneering and adventurous spirit of Lonely Planet.
The grand prize consists of round the world air tickets for two to the total value of AU $10,000 (including airfare, taxes and any other charges). The winner will liaise with Lonely Planet who will facilitate the round the world trip booking. The prize does not include accommodation, meals, insurance, transfers or any other costs associated with a round the world trip. If after booking the air tickets Lonely Planet determines that the total cost of the tickets is less than AU $10,000, Lonely Planet may give the difference to the winner as spending money. Total value of the grand prize is approximately AU $10,000.
Once the air tickets are booked, any amendments or cancellations to the booking will be at the winner’s cost and are the winner’s responsibility. Air tickets must be booked within 6 months of the grand prize winner being notified they have won. Air tickets are subject to availability, blackout dates, fare rules, restrictions and conditions.
Costs and organisation of valid passports, travel insurance and/or other necessary travel documentation and visas are not included and are the responsibility of the grand prize winner and their guest (including finding out what documents are necessary).
200 finalists will each receive one of 200 Nokia handsets valued at up to AU $800 each. The 200 handsets are a selection of Nokia’s N97 and N97 Mini models. If either of these models are not available in your country of residence and you are selected as a finalist, Nokia will provide a handset of Nokia’s choice.
The prize does not include costs associated with using the Nokia handsets, such as phone calls, telecommunications provider costs and data use etc. The handsets are provided as is without warranty or replacement. Nokia handsets may work in some regions and not others and may not be compatible with mobile phone networks in your region.
- The promotion is open to all photographers, professional or amateur. However, photographs that have won awards or competitions will not be eligible to win.
- If you are under 18, you have to get permission from your parents or legal guardian to enter. Your parent or legal guardian will have to either accompany you or approve a responsible adult for you to take as your guest if you’re lucky enough to win the first prize!
- You can’t enter this promotion if you (or your immediate families or house mates) are employed by or work as an author for Lonely Planet, or are employed by Nokia Corporation or their subsidiaries and affiliated companies.
- The laws in some places don’t allow Lonely Planet to run this promotion, in which case the promotion and these conditions of entry are void in those places.
- Photos must be in jpeg format (jpg, jpeg, JPG or JPEG).
- Images should be at least 320×240 pixels and less than 6MB.
- All pictures must be cropped to be horizontal/landscape in orientation when you submit your entry, however your original image file will be the file viewed by the judges.
- Images should also be oriented correctly (ie. not turned sideways or upside down).
- You may submit as many photos as you wish, but each photo must be uploaded separately.
- Images that have been digitally edited with software are accepted.
- You warrant that you are eligible to enter this promotion, your entry doesn’t infringe anyone’s copyright or privacy and your entry does not contain any virus, bug or technical defect that would corrupt or otherwise affect the security, integrity or operation of the promotional website or any other Lonely Planet websites or databases.
- You also warrant that your entry does not contain objectionable or offensive content.
- Lonely Planet reserves the right in its absolute discretion, to reject any entry including those which it deems to contain objectionable or offensive content.
How to enter?
To enter you must submit your name, email address, and country of residence plus upload a photo that you have taken yourself of your travels, a description of the photo and the location in which the photo was taken via the promotional website.
You don’t have to buy anything to enter.