Deadline: Expired on 8 August 2011
Results announcement expected: August 2011
Get a load of this… Shaolin Jazz have launched a month long competition where participants can submit designs or “graphic remixes” for the next album cover in the series. Shaolin Jazz is looking for creative and original artwork for the 37th Chamber project.
For those of you who don’t already know, Shaolin Jazz is a music project by Gerald Watson and DJ 2-Tone Jones embodying a unique mix between legendary jazz and iconic hip-hop.
The winner in the Shaolin Jazz Design Competition will receive footwear & apparel courtesy of Vans OTW & Staple Design. The competition is open to everyone worldwide.
Design the album artwork for the next extension of Shaolin Jazz.
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- originality and creativity,
- usage of typography, and
- connectivity to the theme of Shaolin Jazz.
The winner will receive footwear courtesy of VANS OTW and apparel courtesy of Staple Design.
- The competition is open to everyone worldwide.
- Designers can submit up to two (2) album cover designs only.
- A design collective can only participate as one (1) designer – submitting only two (2) designs.
- Size specs: 8.3 x 8.3, 72dpi
- Acceptable file formats: jpg, png, pdf not to exceed 2mb
How to enter?
Submit work to art_vs_commerce [at] yahoo.com (please replace [at] with @).